VELOCITY CHROME is the next-generation of UV-curable reflective coatings. Designed for high-speed, high-volume automated production environments, Velocity Chrome offers a perfect, mirror-reflective finish with incredible adhesion, flexibility, and durability that is unsurpassed.
Combining the pioneering silver nitrate chemistry of Spectra Chrome with newly-engineered UV-curable paints, the entire Velocity Chrome process is completed within a few short minutes, as opposed to hours or days with conventional paint technology. Variations of this coating system are suitable for virtually any substrate – including plastics, ceramic, glass, and metal.
Exclusive finish for
NCAA Football Helmets
Our advanced UV-curable coatings have been successfully used on football helmet finishes for many NCAA teams, including The University of Notre Dame.
- Highly reflective, impact resistant finish in multiple shades of spray-on chrome.
- Multiple surface options, including Notre Dame’s “elevated” clear coat.
- Battle-proven durability in the test lab – AND on the football field!
Bend, Don’t Break!
Velocity Chrome was launched in 2016 to find a solution for applying a metal finish to plastic hinged closures for a cosmetic product. Key client requirements included:
- Flexibility and adhesion of the coating on the hinge, without flaking.
- Coating durability that withstands high-speed capping and filling.
- Meets or exceeds strict testing requirements for moisture and humidity resistance.
- Parts must be produced at a rate of two per second, to meet customer demand.
Success could only be accomplished using Velocity Chrome’s UV-curable coating technology!
High Speed, High Volume,
A beverage client required an improvement to its existing metallized closures. Quality requirements that Velocity Chrome solved:
- Consistent and uniform deep copper color.
- Passed freezer test without coating adhesion loss.
- Increased durability to withstand bowl-feeding and high-speed capping.
- Coating that will not flake when tamper-evident ring is separated from upper screw portion of cap.
- Environmentally friendly – low or zero VOC coatings for compliant US manufacturing.